Android Auto is a app made by Google which mirrors the features of an Android device in a car in-dash entertainment head. Android Auto App was first released on March 19, 2015 as a part of Open Automotive Alliance, it is a joint effort of 28 automobile manufacturers. As technology is improving everyday, now all cars come with a touch dash which is more convenient and has many additional features. This app allows your Android device to pair with your car and the system mirrors apps and shows them in the vehicle display. Some of the most commonly used apps are GPS, music, messages, telephone and web search. Once connected the system can also operate through voice commands to minimize driving distraction. This is a very useful feature and once you are connected, the head unit serves as an external display. Initially it had to be connected with a USB cable to perform this function. Google has also announced that Google Assistant would be coming to Android Auto later this year.
Plex is a media playing app that allows you to play all kinds of Movies, TV Shows, Live Games, Podcasts, Home Videos and much more. Not only this but you can play music on plex. Streaming is also available on Plex but if you want some premium content then you can opt for the Plex Pass, this is a monthly paid subscription and you can get access to additional features and more channels that you can stream on, with the premium version you get on demand shows and movies to watch whenever you want.
Get Plex for Android Auto
- First you need Plex App v6.6 or above version on you Android device.
- Plex mobile app needs to be unlocked and activated.
- Now open Android Auto on your head unit and select music player.
- Now tap to enable the headphone icon.
- Tap the headphone icon again and it will allow you to choose Plex.
- Now tap on top left to open navigation in Plex.
- You will be able to see Options that are Playlists, Recently Played, Recently Added and Artists.
- Simply choose any of the following and you will have the songs list of that particular list.
- Hit ‘Play’ and enjoy.