Chromecast is product of Google which is a small compact device that you can plug in your TV’s HDMI port using a USB cable and use your smartphone as a remote control. It acts as a transmitter or a cable box. You can stream high definition videos or home audio system through mobile or web apps that support Google Cast technology. It was first announced on 24 July 2013 and was made available on the same day in U.S, later that year it was made available in other countries as well. It sold over 30 million units globally and was the best selling streaming device in 2014. There’s also Chromecast Ultra which is an upgrade to the original model. Chromecast basically lets the user access video content from several different partners like Youtube, Netflix, Hulu and many others, you can also stream content using chrome browser on a computer. According to Google more than 20,000 apps have been made available which support it. Chromecast has pocket friendly prices which makes it a great tech to opt.
Plex is a media player app which has Chromecast support, it lets the user stream movies, music, TV shows, home videos, podcasts and much more. You can also store your media on Plex which further organises it in a great manner and makes it very easy for you to access. Plex is an all in one entertainment app, with the recent updates this has has better support for photo/video slideshows, an improved HEVC support, updated subtitles and the ability to resize subs and better support for more display resolutions and aspect ratios.
Download Plex for Chromecast using PC.
- Open Chrome browser.
- Go to the Plex web page.
- Select Chromecast device by clicking on the Plex Players on the top right.
- Now you have a list of detected Plex apps.
- Tap on Chromecast in the list.
- Now you will see that you’re connected.
- If something is playing, you will see an option on bottom right on the same window showing your device.
- Simply tap on “Cast plex.tv”
- Once connected successfully, you will have pause, mute and stop casting options available in the same window.
- A mini player will also be available at the bottom of the browser window.