Kodi is a media player developed by XBMC foundation, which is a non- profit technology consortium. It was earlier known as Xbox Media Center and was only available for Xbox users to watch videos, listen to music. Later it was made available for many other devices like Android, iOS/tvOS, Linux, BSD, Raspbian, masOS and other Microsoft based operating systems. Kodi is a free and open source media player. It has tons of features and the best part is that it can be customised by the user. You can apply your own customs and personalise your Kodi software. Kodi has many plug-ins and AddOns in its own market from where you can download and enhance its features. Kodi allows you to stream media from so many online partners including Amazon Prime, Pandora, Rhapsody, Spotify and Youtube. One of the best Kodi AddOn is the skin feature that can change the entire look, you can download various skins or create your own and share them with your friends and family as well. You can use Kodi on various devices and simply log in to your account and access it, you need a proper internet connection or Wifi to use Kodi.
Plex is another media streaming app that allows the user to stream online media content and you can also store your media on it. Plex organises your media content in a manner that it makes finding your videos, music, pictures, home video, etc. You can get Plex on Kodi as it is available as one of its AddOns. There is a step by step guide to download and install Plex AddOn on Kodi.
Download Plex Add-on for Kodi
- First you need a Plex account.
- If you don’t already have an account go to the official site and register for a new account.
- Now Open Kodi Add- ons menu.
- Tap on Package icon located on the top left corner.
- Click on install from repository
- Tap on Kodi repository.
- Tap on Video- Add-ons
- Now find Plex in the list provided and tap on ‘install’
- Once successfully installed launch the Add-on
- Link your Plex account with Kodi Add-on, for this you have to provide the code generated from your Plex account.